Protect and serve the citizens of Bossier City. Treat all citizens with dignity and respect in the
performance of our duties. Discharge and perform our duties with professionalism and honesty.
Louisiana Revised Statute 13:1881 defines the general powers and duties of marshal and deputy
marshals as follows:
Louisiana RS 13:1881
§1881. General powers and duties of marshal; deputy marshals
- A. The marshal is the executive officer of the court; he shall execute the orders and mandates of the court and in the execution thereof, and in making arrests and preserving the peace, he has the same powers and authority of a sheriff.
- B. The marshal may appoint one or more deputy marshals having the same powers and authority as the marshal, but the marshal shall be responsible for their actions.
The Bossier City Marshal's Office supports
- The Bossier City Municipal Court, serving summons, evictions, seizures and sales, Writ of Fierifacias, warrants, prisoner transport
- Security for the Bossier City Municipal Complex and Court
- Community Services: Teen Court; MADD; Dignitary Protection
- Interagency Support: U. S. Marshal's Service Fugitive Recovery Task Force, FBI, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE), La. Attorney General's Office Internet Crimes Against Children Northwest Louisiana Affiliate
- Crisis Response Communication Services among local and regional first responder agencies
Marshal Lynn Austin
Please report child exploitation. If you are unsure which law enforcement agency to report it to, please call the NWLA-ICAC TF 318-741-8888.