Equal Employment OpportunitiesIt is the policy of The City of Bossier City to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, the City of Bossier City complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the City has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
The City of Bossier City expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
We value the diversity of our work force and support an environment that encourages all employees to make their fullest contribution. We are committed to meeting the needs of the citizens of Bossier City by maximizing the talents of a skillful employee team.
Employment ApplicationsEmployment applications are taken daily (Monday through Friday) in the Human Resources Department from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., or an application can be submitted by mail, email or fax. Applications are retained in an active file for a period of 1 year.
- How do I apply for a job online?
- What is the closing date for vacancies posted on the website and what do they mean?
- What is the pay scale for a particular job?
- Will a criminal history affect my employment with the City of Bossier City?
- Do I have to have a high school diploma to work at the City of Bossier City?
- Do I have to be 18 years old to work full time for the City of Bossier City?
- Do I have to be a Bossier City resident in order to work for the City of Bossier City?
- Do you have a job line available to call and see what jobs are currently open?
- How do I check on my application after I turn it in?
- How long do you keep applications on file?