Certificate of Occupancy

Any business whose physical address falls inside the jurisdiction of the Metropolitan Planning Commission is required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy provided all building and other code requirements have been met and building and zoning requirements are in compliance. A Certificate of Occupancy must be issued before  a new businesses can obtain an Occupational License from the City of Bossier Tax Department. 

To apply in person contact: 

Bossier City-Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission                                                                                                                                                620 Benton Road, 2nd Floor                                                                                                                                                                                                       Bossier City, LA  71111                                                                                                                                                                                                                             318-741-8824

To apply by email: 

Submit applications to mpccoo@bossiercity.org 

View Application and instructions for Certificate of Occupancy

Home based businesses are also required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.  View more information about the Home Based Certificate of Occupancy.  

Note:  Certificates of Occupancy are not to be confused with Occupational Licenses.