Home Based Certificate of Occupancy

The Bossier City-Parish Metropolitan Planning Commission allows citizens to use their place of residence for limited non-residential activities while protecting the integrity of its residential districts.

A Home Occupation is considered any occupation for gain or support conducted only by members of a family residing in a dwelling and conducted entirely within the dwelling, provided that no article is sold or offered for sale except such as may be produced by members of the family residing in the dwelling and further provided that the occupation is incidental to the residential use of the premises and does not utilize more than 25 percent of the floor area of the dwelling. Home occupations shall include, in general, personal services such as are furnished by a physician, dentist, musician, artist, cosmetician, or seamstress when performed by the person occupying the building as his or her private dwelling, and including the employment of no more than one non-resident employee.

Any Home Based business inside the Metropolitan Planning Commission jurisdiction must obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.

To apply in person contact:                                                                                                                                                                                                        Bossier City-Parish Metropolitan Commission                                                                                                                                                                            620 Benton Road , 2nd Floor                                                                                                                                                                                                      Bossier City, LA 71111                                                                                                                                                                                                                               318-741-8824

To apply by email:                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Submit applications to mpccoo@bossiercity.org 

View Application and Criteria for Home Based Certificate of Occupancy.